Fire crews called to Centerville nursing home

Fire crews called to Centerville nursing home
CENTERVILLE
- Some tense moments late Friday morning when smoke was detected on the second floor of the Cape Regency Nursing Home on South Main Street in Centerville.

Firefighters from both Centerville and Hyannis responded and determined a lamp cord had apparently overheated and started to smoulder. The situation was quickly brought under control and no injuries were reported. Posted on 1/13 at 7:00 AM. Photo courtesy of Frank Paparo/NEVN. 

Links: CapeCodFD     Cape Cod FD's Live Scanner    Cape Cod Live WEBCAMS  
Looking for an old story? Use our archive service  Cape court reports (CCT)
Ptown fireworks forum      Cape Cod Today forecast     Tide Info     Live radar

CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.