Fire damages Falmouth home
FALMOUTH - A fire that reportedly started in a mattress caused smoke damage to a Falmouth house. The call at 22 Rose Street came in about 12:30 AM Tuesday. No one was injured. Investigators believe a cigarette may have sparked the fire.
22 nabbed for underage drinking at house party
FALMOUTH - 22 people under the age of 21 were arrested at a house party in Falmouth Sunday evening. Police were called to a Red Brook Road residence about 9:30 PM after receiving a noise complaint. The first responding officer arrived within minutes and determined the disturbance to be an underage house party. He immediately requested a supervisor and additional officers. Officers from both Falmouth Police Department and Mashpee Police responded. The officer reported he smelled a strong odor of alcohol from the street and upon approaching the home observed underage persons, empty liquor bottles, drug paraphernalia (marijuana "bong"), and also smelled a strong odor of marijuana. Police also say they recovered a keg of beer. Officers arrested twenty-two individuals for minor in possession of alcohol. Their ages range is from 16 to 18. There were ten males and twelve females.