The Yarmouth Fire Rescue Department requests citizens to consider the following safety tips especially following our most recent storm.
Vote in the poll: Did your town do a good job clearing the snow from roads & sidewalks?
- Please take a few extra minutes when shoveling, plowing or snowplowing to clear away snow from fire hydrants. This would be a great service to us and your neighbors.
- If you are shoveling, remember, this is very strenuous work; take your time, take breaks, and let someone know where you are and have them check on you frequently in case you happen to fall.
- Please be very aware that the roads are narrowed by the snow banks, pedestrians, and especially elderly and children have nowhere to move to avoid traffic.
- Please ensure your gas vents are clear of drifting snow and as always, ensure your smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are working properly.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please see our web site www.Yarmouthfire.com or contact us directly.
Release courtesy of the Yarmouth Fire Rescue Department.