So June is zipping by us. It is already Father’s Day Weekend! I hope we have the wonderful; weather we’ve been having the past few weekends, and that it offers you all the opportunity to spend some time outdoors enjoying your dads this Sunday!
On Friday, June 15 2012:
- Highland Cape Cod Lighthouse Tour 10:00 AM - 05:30 PM. Tour Highland Lighthouse, daily from 10am to 5:30pm, May 19 through mid October. Gift shop closes at 6pm. Admission is $4 per person, all ages. There is a 48 inch height requirement for all children. (North Truro)
- Critter Capers at Green Briar Nature Center from 10:30AM – 11:00AM. Drop in for a half-hour visit with a naturalist and one of the resident animals. Suitable for children ages 2.5 and up. Advanced registration is NOT required. Free to members; $2 per person for non-members. (East Sandwich)
- Rockwell Amusements Carnival 6:00 PM - 11:00 PM. Rockwell Amusements, a spectacular traveling amusement company is returning to Cape Cod Mall to provide entertainment and thrilling attractions for wholesome family fun! The amusement begins on Wednesday, June 13th and continues through Sunday, June 17th. Discount coupons will be available at Simon Guest Services as well as a $25 bracelet on Wed & Thurs 6-10 & Saturday & Sunday 1-6pm good for unlimited rides. Cape Cod Mall (Hyannis)
- Cape Cod Baseball League Games: Cape Cod Baseball League Games: Hyannis @ Bourne 6pm; Harwich @ Falmouth 6:30pm; Cotuit @ Chatham 7pm; Yarmouth-Dennis @ Orleans 7pm; Brewster @ Wareham 7pm. Get out and enjoy the Cape Cod Baseball League Season!
On Saturday, June 16 2012:
- HarborFest 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM. Celebrate Wellfleet’s waterfront community. Local seafood, nautical flea market, vendors. Wellfleet Town Pier (Wellfleet)
- Nature Journal Walk 9:30 AM - 11:00 AM. Getting The Picture: Explore a different Barnstable Land Trust property and village each week, with Mary Richmond of Cape Cod Art and Nature and BLT. Armed with your sketchbook and/or camera, compose the time honored tradition of a nature journal. Drawing materials are provided for those who don't have them. Slow paced, the goal is to share observations, not create great art. All ages. Pre-registration is necessary as space and materials are limited. $5 each. This week: Barnstable Village, Millway Beach. (Barnstable)
- Hands on the Arts Festival 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The FREE festival features a juried fine arts and crafts show and sale with original works by local artisans on Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 5 pm and live entertainment from 11:30 pm to 3:00 pm each day. There will also be special performances for children and an opportunity for adults and children to explore various types of art media from Noon to 4 pm. For more information and a full schedule of events, please go to www.handsonthearts.com. Windmill Green (Eastham)
- Tour Race Point Lighthouse 10:00 AM - 2:00 PM. Tour Race Point Light Station. Open for tours first and third Saturday of the month, June to October from 10am to 2pm. (Provincetown)
- Highland Cape Cod Lighthouse Tour continues today from 10:00 AM - 05:30 PM (North Truro)
- 50th Anniversary of the Benjamin Nye Homestead 12:00 PM - 4:30 PM. Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Benjamin Nye Homestead becoming a museum. Exhibits include a colonial lighting exhibit from the 18th and 19th century, Guided nature walks, Children's activities, The Grange Hall will feature Judy Hendy offering assistance with your genealogy questions, John Cullity will present a slide show at 3 PM on the evolution of the Benjamin Nye Homestead. Raffle of a Nye Homestead Coverlet and Sandwich Album Book. Proceeds to go to Friends of Sandwich Town Archives. Free refreshments will be offered. A roaming fiddler. Free admission. (East Sandwich)
- Rockwell Amusements Carnival continues 1:00 PM - 11:00 PM at the Cape Cod Mall (Hyannis)
- Marine Life Cruise 3:00 PM - 5:00 PM. While we glide through Wellfleet Harbor watching for sea life above the waves, naturalists will use a plankton net, scallop drag, otter trawl, and fish pots to bring up creatures from the deep –spider and calico crabs; pipefish, scup, and butterfish; whelks and moon snails – for you to see and touch. For ages 4 and older. Wellfleet Bay Wildlife Sanctuary (Wellfleet)
- Cape Cod Baseball League Games continue: Cape Cod Baseball League Games: Orleans @ Brewster 5pm; Cotuit @ Bourne 6pm; Hyannis @ Harwich 7pm; Falmouth @ Wareham 7pm; Yarmouth-Dennis @ Chatham 7pm.
Finally, Father’s Day: Sunday, June 17 2012:
- 18th Annual Father's Day Main Street Car Show 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM (Hyannis.) Over 400 special interest cars. Free admission. Fun for the whole family. Sponsored by the Hyannis Chamber of Commerce. Main Street, closed to traffic. (Hyannis)
- Hands on the Arts Festival continues from 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM at the Windmill Green (Eastham)
- Highland Cape Cod Lighthouse Tour 10:00 AM - 05:30 PM. Tour Highland Lighthouse, daily from 10am to 5:30pm, May 19 through mid October. Gift shop closes at 6pm. Admission is $4 per person, all ages. There is a 48 inch height requirement for all children. Highland Lighthouse in North Truro.
- Rockwell Amusements Carnival has its last day today from 1:00 PM - 8:00 PM at Cape Cod Mall (Hyannis)
- Annual Strawberry Festival 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM. Fresh strawberry shortcake in honor of Father’s Day. Presented by the Wellfleet Historical Society. $5. Preservation Hall, 335 Main Street (Wellfleet)
- Cape Cod Baseball League Games Cape Cod Baseball League Games: Wareham @ Cotuit 5pm; Brewster @ Yarmouth-Dennis 5pm; Bourne @ Falmouth 5:30pm; Harwich @ Orleans 7pm; Chatham @ Hyannis 7pm.
I’d love to get to the Hands on the Arts Festival, take our special Dad to the Main Street Car Show in Hyannis and have lunch somewhere on Main Street with the family. The idea of taking the family to a Cape Cod Baseball League Game is so appealing! I hope you all find something fun on the schedule to create another special Father’s Day weekend memory with your dad!