Barnstable County Grand Jury returns indictment for 2010 murder of Trudie Hall

Quoizel L. Wilson indicted for murder, unlawful disposal of a body
Quoizel Wilson leaves Barnstable Police Headquarters in Hyannis after speaking with police in August 2010. Photo by David G. Curran.

Cape & Islands District Attorney Michael O'Keefe's Office announced Tuesday that a Barnstable County Grand Jury returned an indictment fort the murder of Trudie Hall of Nantucket. According to a release from the DA's Office, Quoizel L. Wilson, 35, of Boston, was indicted on charges of murder, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon and unlawful disposal of a body.

On July 28, 2010, Trudie Hall, who was 23 and four months pregnant, was reported missing by her mother. Hall's mother, Vivienne Walker, told police she had come over to the Cape from Nantucket for a doctor's appointment.  A day later, authorities located the car she had rented. Blood and bullet casings were reportedly found in the abandoned Toyota Avalon. In the days following Hall's disappearance, several law enforcement agencies searched a wooded area near Independence Park in Hyannis for Hall's body.

Hall's remains would not be found until April 19, 2012 in Falmouth.

During the investigation in August 2010, police searched the Centerville home of Quoizel L. Wilson in connection with Hall's disappearance. At the time, Wilson was not named as a suspect. He had, however, lived on Nantucket and was reportedly an acquaintance of Hall's. Evidence, including an SUV and a motorcycle, were seized during the search of Wilson's Great Marsh Road home.

Wilson was reportedly the father of Hall's unborn child. At the time of Hall's disappearance, he was married to another woman. Police learned that Wilson and Hall had communicated via text and cell phone the day she disappeared.

At a press conference on April 24, 2012, DA Michael O'Keefe confirmed that remains found in a wooded area of Falmouth a week before were those of Trudie Hall. Hall's remains were identified through dental records and jewelry. Medical examiners were also able to determine how many times Hall had been shot and what type of weapon had been used. During the press conference, O'Keefe said investigators had made significant strides.

According to the release from the DA's Office, the ongoing investigation has been conducted by the Medical Examiner's Office, State Police, several Upper and Mid Cape police departments and State Police detectives assigned to the Cape & Islands District Attorney's Office.

"This has been a long and thorough investigation and it continues. I hope this step brings a small measure of peace to Trudie's family," DA O'Keefe said.

State Police detectives reportedly arrested Wilson in Chelsea on Tuesday. He will be held without bail until his arraignment in Barnstable. welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on