Brewster residents will head to the polls on Tuesday, May 19. In all, voters will be asked to fill fifteen positions--many with board members seeking re-election. Residents will also be considering one question.
The positions to be filled and the candidates wishing to fill them are:
- Board of Selectmen - James W. Foley and Peter G. Norton are both running for re-election. Poll goers are to vote for two candidates, each for a three-year term.
- Board of Health - Carmen S. Scherzo is running for the three-year term.
- Board of Health - Joseph Robert Ford and Nancy R. Mann, MD, are both running for the one unexpired one-year term.
- Brewster Housing Authority - There are no candidates on the ballot for the one five-year term.
- Brewster School Committee - There are no candidates on the ballot for the one three-year term.
- Brewster School Committee - Lori M. Gilmore is running for the one unexpired one-year term.
- Moderator - Stephen L. Doyle is running for re-election for the one-year moderator term.
- Constable - Roland W. Bassett Jr., is running for re-election for the one-year constable term.
- Recreation Commission - Lee B. Rice Jr., and Thomas J. Wingard Jr., are both vying for the one three-year term.
- Planning Board - Elizabeth G. Taylor (running for re-election) and Kari Sue Hoffman are both running for one of the two five-year terms.
- Nauset Regional School District Committee - Tracy Vanderschmidt is running for the three-year term on the committee.
- Brewster Old Kings Highway Regional Historic District - Patricia W. Busch (running for re-election) and James F. Trabulsie are both running for one of the two four year terms.
The polls will be open on Tuesday, May 18 from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. at the Brewster Baptist Church on Main Street. View a sample ballot here.