Throughout August, Truro selectmen will head out into the community to catch up with town residents. Six different office hours sessions have been scheduled for the month.
Since last year selectmen have scheduled office hours all over Truro, from town hall to the transfer station, from the community center to the farmers market. That successful plan continues with August:
- Wednesday, August 5 from 10:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., Jan Worthington will be at the Truro Transfer Station
- Monday, August 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., Robert Weinstein will be at the Truro Farmers Market
- Tuesday, August 11 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m., Maureen Burgess will be at the community center. A second session will be held from 4 p.m. to 4:45 p.m. with Jay Coburn at Town Hall. This session was rescheduled following the cancellation of the July 28 session.
- Tuesday, August 18 from 1:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Jan Worthington will be at the community center
- Saturday, August 29 from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m., Paul Wisotzky will be at the Truro Transfer Station
The Truro Board of Selectmen is an elected five-member board. Jay Coburn and Jan Worthington (vice chair) are in office until 2018, Robert Weinstein and Paul Wisotsky (chair) are in office until 2016 and Maureen Burgess (clerk) is in office until 2017.