Bridgewater State hiring office assistant for South Yarmouth
Temporary, part-time for $15/hour
Bridgewater State University is looking to hire a part-time office assistant for the South Yarmouth Campus. Description follows:
The temporary offce assistant will have responsibility for providing direct
customer service to prospective post-traditional (adult) students and BSU faculty and staff.
The offce assistant will assist with the operation of a busy academic satellite
location primarily during the evening and weekend hours, assisting students, faculty, and the general public.
This is a temporary position of a limited duration to meet a particular need at the
Cape Cod Campus. Temporary positions typically work 20 hours or less per
week. The schedule for this position is; Tuesday’s and Thursday 4pm to 9pm Saturdays 8:30 am to 3:30 pm *Hours subject to change or modification upon campus needs
• Provide exceptional on-site assistance and customer service to BSU Cape Cod instructors, faculty, and students.
• Collaborate and with BSU Cape Cod staff team including director, office manager, and undergraduate office assistants.
• Answer telephones and respond to inquiries.
• Answer emails to BSU Cape Cod email address, redirect inquiries to appropriate departments or people when necessary and follow-up to ensure that the prospective student questions were answered.
• Make appointments when necessary for BSU Cape Cod Director.
• Assist the director and office manager with the day-to-day office duties as they arise.
• Offer help or information to people entering BSU Cape Cod.
• Writing skills sufficient to compose and edit a variety of documents using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation, with the ability to pay close attention to detail and proofread work carefully.
• A proficient typer (45 to 60 WPM).
• 1 year of experience working in an office setting with demonstrated ability to relate to the needs and interests of post-traditional students.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative.
• Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate.
• Demonstrated experience using information technology including entering and manipulating information in a database format, and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Ability to work:
Tuesday’s and Thursday 4pm to 9pm Saturdays 8:30 am to 3:30 pm *Hours subject to change or modification upon campus needs
• Experience, an appreciation for, and commitment to working in an academic setting with post-traditional students
• Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline.
|Special Conditions for Eligibility
Please be aware that employment at Bridgewater State University is contingent upon completion of a successful background check.
Bridgewater State University (BSU) is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer which actively seeks to increase the diversity of its workforce. We are dedicated to providing educational, working and living environments that value the diverse backgrounds of all people.
|Hourly Rate (Non-Exempt)
Apply for this position here.