As part of changes implemented recently, OpenCape is hiring a Client Acquistion/Sales Manager....
Client Acquisition/Sales Manager
OpenCape, a Barnstable Massachusetts nonprofit organization that owns and operates the 350-mile fiber optic network on Cape Cod, is seeking a Client Acquisition/Sales Manager to be the newest member of our team. OpenCape’s network became operational in 2013 and as of last November, the non-profit has consolidated the services they provide with those previously offered by a partner corporation. Now the maintenance and operations of OpenCape high-speed and technologically advanced network, along with all customer sales and assistance, are now part of the full package of services offered by OpenCape.
Candidate will be required to be in office and as an essential member of the OpenCape staff, the Client Acquisition/Sales Manager will be responsible for growing our customer base within the framework of our network map; comprising Southeastern MA., Cape Cod and the Islands. OpenCape currently has over 150 customers and the Client Acquisition/Sales Manager will be expected to increase client numbers while consistently providing the best in customer service to new and existing customers.
Job Functions & Responsibilities
- Generate sales revenue by actively promoting fiber optic products and services to new and existing customers.
- Analyze customer’s strategic factors that will improve their business or organization utilizing OpenCape’s fiber .
- Utilize Google earth to assess physical distance OpenCape’s fiber network and customers workplace.
- Utilize social media and company website to reach customers.
- Assist CEO with sales strategies and managing sales processes.
- Develop a sales strategy that encompasses customer follow up to expedite signed contracts, customer satisfaction, add on services and contract renewals.
- Track, analyze and report on sales performance and activities via Sales force and other reporting tools.
- Participate in the creation and delivery of sales presentations for community groups.
- Analyze customer requirements to understand how products and services can be applied to meet their needs and solve their problems.
- Keep abreast of competitive landscape and emerging technologies in order to best position our company in the marketplace.
- Attend Community meetings and presentations, as needed.
- Comfortable with long sale cycles that require multiple engagements and coordination that may require engineering and build-outs and organizational approvals.
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years’ related sales experience in telecommunications or a related field
- Possess an innate understanding of fiber optic broadband network services and general technical language.
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales targets.
- Experience with group presentations.
Skills / Knowledge
- Compelling and effective negotiating skills.
- Thorough understanding of account management & the strategic selling process.
- Active problem solving, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, able to work independently but also be a beneficial member of a team.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Presentation software and Salesforce
- Firm grasp of value proposition, products and services such as Ethernet, IP transport, Dark Fiber, and DWDM.
- Resident or knowledge of Cape Cod and surrounding communities is preferred.
Pay: Between $50K salary base + commission (15K guarantee for first year due to the start-up phase of customer acquisition). After year one salary + commission will be developed.
Send resumes to:
PO Box 1148
Barnstable, MA 02630