Spring Classes, brought to you by Sandwich Arts Alliance, will be held at the Sandwich Public Library as well as at artists’ studios around town beginning April 23rd. Classes run five to six weeks.
Returning favorites this season include:
· Watercolor and Acrylics with Rosalie McCarthy
· Pastels Painting with Betsy Payne Cook
· Drawing with Donna Rockwell
· Ms. Hannah’s Drawing Class for ages 7-12.
· Steve Gregory’s Learn to Play in a Band for ages 9-13.
New course this season:
· The Art Sampler offers attendees the opportunity to try it all and decide what future classes to take. It is an introduction to all media with five instructors, intended for those just starting out in art, or for existing artists who want to experiment in new areas. The class will be hands-on in a different media each week.
Other new courses this season are:
· Plein Air Painting with Patricia Mosca
· Intro to Painting, ages 8-14
· A fun vacation Paint Party with a parent and child
· Paint Night: Ladies Night Out with Donna Rockwell at the Pilot House
Also returning are some one-day workshops providing additional arts opportunities, such as the popular Silver Metal Clay jewelry workshop with Kim Rumberger.
Class descriptions and registration are available online now at www.sandwichartsalliance.org, and brochures are available at Sandwich Public Library in addition to other area libraries.
The Sandwich Arts Alliance mission is to increase the awareness and enjoyment of the creative arts for all Sandwich residents and visitors through exhibitions, performances, education, and by mentoring our children and adults.