As a Republican Candidate for the Massachusetts House of Representatives, 5th Barnstable District,
it is important to differentiate myself to the voters so they clearly know what to expect from me, if elected.
It is my opinion that my incumbent GOP Primary Election opponent does not adhere to the precepts, principles and practices outlined below.
To this end, I want to present what may by termed as The Freedom Pledge, which will help guide my tenure in office, if the voters should so choose:
1. I pledge to support individual liberty, private property and free enterprise.
2. I pledge to vote against any legislation that I have not read or that I do not understand.
3. I pledge to oppose all net increases in taxes and fees and to work to reduce the burden of government.
4. I pledge to sponsor at least one bill each year that repeals an existing law or reduces the burden of that law.
5. I pledge to support any legislative effort to oppose the federal government's violation of the U.S. Constitution.
6. I pledge to hold at least four "town hall" meetings, open to the public, during each calendar year I am in office, including at least one during the legislative session.
Republican Candidate for State Representative, 5th Barnstable District