Indicted on 9 charges...
Thomas Latanowich was indicted today in the murder of Yarmouth Police Sgt. Sean Gannon (YPD booking photo from 2016)
Cape & Islands District Attorney Michael O’Keefe has announced that a Barnstable County Grand Jury, which has been hearing evidence since April 26, 2018, today returned indictments in the death of Sergeant Sean Gannon.
Sergeant Gannon was shot and killed on April 12, 2018 as he and his fellow officers attempted to serve a warrant on Thomas Latanowich for a probation violation. Sergeant Gannon’s K-9, Nero was also shot and seriously wounded. Nero has since recovered from his wounds and inspires citizens Cape-wide.
Thomas Latanowich, DOB 7/14/1988 has been indicted for:
2. Aggravated A& B with a Dangerous Weapon
3. Assault and Battery Dangerous Weapon
4. Use of a Firearm in the Commission of a Felony
5. Possession of a Firearm without a license, Subsequent offense
6. Carrying a Loaded Firearm without a license
7. Possession of Ammunition without an FID card
8. Mistreating a Police Dog
9. Armed Career Criminal
He will be arraigned in Barnstable Superior Court in the ordinary course of business. Latanowich remains held without bail.
According to District Attorney O’Keefe, “All of the police, crime scene personnel and prosecutors who gathered the evidence and put this case before the grand jury, thank the members for their service.”