Four Treated for Smoke Inhalation in Eastham, Two Sent to Hospital

EFD says no working smoke or CO detectors in rental home...
Eastham Assessors' photo of 850 Massasoit Road. Four people in the home suffered smoke inhalation after an oil burner malfunctioned.

From the Eastham Fire Department (verbatim):

The Eastham Fire Department received a 911 call for smoke in the basement of a home at 850 Massasoit Rd. Upon arrival, units found 4 occupants of the single story ranch home outside and a heavy smoke condition inside the home. Further investigation found a faulty oil burner which created the smoke.

There were no working smoke or Carbon Monoxide alarms in the rental home. All four occupants suffered from smoke inhalation and 2 required transport to Cape Cod Hospital. The home was still being ventilated and evaluated for habitability at the time of this release.

The Eastham Fire Department reminds everyone to please check your smoke and CO alarms monthly!

Editor's Note:  The Eastham Assessors database shows the owner of the property as BEATRICE E LAROCCO LVG TRUST, BEATRICE E LAROCCO TTEE at 36 Harpoo Lane in Yarmouth Port.  The ranch home was built in 1970 and the property has a total assessed value of $291,400.


CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.