Former President George H. W. Bush
President Trump has declared Wednesday a national day of mourning for President George H. W. Bush. His executive order closes most offices and agencies of the federal government, including local Post Offices.
Here is a list of some of the closures on Wednesday:
- The U.S. Postal Service will not deliver regular mail and all post offices will be closed. The postal service may deliver some packages to prevent a bottleneck in holiday shipping flow.
- The New York Stock Exchange and Nasdaq will be closed.
- All federal offices will be closed. Federal employees will be excused from work, except for reasons of national security or essential public businesses.
- Some banks and courts will be closed. Federal Reserve Bank payment systems will work as normal. Closures will vary by area.
- The Supreme Court is postponing arguments for a day.
- The House has cancelled all votes for the week.
- The Senate has postponed votes to after the Wednesday funeral.