An gas meter leak forced the evacuation of the Cape Cod Child Development center at 314 Onset Avenue in Onset Friday morning.
Onset firefighters were called to the scene at 10:30 a.m. Friday. Upon arrivals, the firefighters discovered a leak at the outside gas meter. The crew also found an odor in the basement of the school.
Firefighters evacauated 45 students and ten faculty members.
Following National Grid's repair to the meter, inspections were conducted and the occupants returned to the building.