Onset Cape Cod Development Child Care Center Evacuated

Gas leak clears facility Friday afternoon...
Google Street view of the Cape Cod Child Development center in Onset. The facility was evacuated Friday after a gas leak was discovered.

An gas meter leak forced the evacuation of the Cape Cod Child Development center at 314 Onset Avenue in Onset Friday morning.

Onset firefighters were called to the scene at 10:30 a.m. Friday.  Upon arrivals, the firefighters discovered a leak at the outside gas meter.  The crew also found an odor in the basement of the school.  

Firefighters evacauated 45 students and ten faculty members.  

Following National Grid's repair to the meter, inspections were conducted and the occupants returned to the building.

 

 


CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.