Orleans Firefighters Extinguish Fire in Transfer Station Compactor

Hot ashes improperly disposed...
Orleans firefighters work a small fire at the Orleans transfer station. (OFRD photo)

Monday morning a crew from the Orleans Fire-Rescue Department extinguished a fire in the trash compactor at the Orleans transfer station.  

Fire officials report the cause of the fire was hot ashes disposed of improperly.

 


CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.