The Addison Gallery benefit for Wild Care helps underwrite the care for animals like this Great Horned Owlet that was poisoned with rodenticide. (WCCC photo)
Eastham - Wild Care, a wildlife rehabilitation center located in Eastham, is excited to announce the second annual “Swooping In for Wild Care”, a fundraising event in honor of Wild Care, hosted by Addison Art Gallery. Spearheaded by artists SaraJane Doberstein and Amy Sanders, and gallery owner Helen Addison. “Swooping in for Wild Care” includes an exhibit of new works, prize drawing, local author book signings, and a visit from Wild Care’s four-legged and feathery friends. The event will be held on Saturday, June 22nd at the Addison Art Gallery located at 43 S. Orleans Rd., (Rt 28) Orleans from 5-7 PM. Light refreshments will be served.
The event details are as follow:
- Meet the Artists... 3 - 4:30 PM: Amy Sanders (left) and SaraJane Doberstein demonstrate their unique painting techniques. In addition, other gallery artists will be on hand to answer questions and support Wild Care.
- MEET SPECIAL GUESTS… Eastern Screech Owls named Up Up & Nickerson, and GARV the Eastern Box Turtle, Wild Care’s educational ambassadors.
- MEET THE AUTHORS… Book signings with local authors of “Big Night for Salamanders” by Sarah Lamstein and ‘Cape Cod Bear”, by Kathleen Ready.
- LIVE MUSIC… Enjoy the beautiful instrumentals performed by Peggy Gerber, principal flutist for the Cape Community Orchestra.
- BASKET PRIZE DRAWING… 1 for $5 or 3 for $12 Tickets - Prizes include Addison Art Gallery $250 gift certificate, ‘Cape Cod Bear” by Kathleen Ready, CD "Jazzical Cats" by Peggy Gerber, Fish Sculpture by Heidi Brueckner (an original artwork of driftwood and seashells) - Value $170 and a Steel Garden Fish - donated by The Spectrum of East Dennis - Value $51