From the Dennis Fire Department:
May 23, 2019 - At 7:17 PM the Dennis Fire Department responded to a reported structure fire at 1005 Rte. 6A. Upon arrival occupants were evacuating the building as afire tore through an interior wall of the house. The owner stated he had just put some logs in the fireplace and were heading out to dinner when the fire was noticed.
Firefighters had to pull the wall and the ceilings apart to get to the base of the fire. A fire crew from Yarmouth fire department assisted in searching for fire extending to the second floor and basement using thermal cameras. The fire was quickly extinguished with moderate smoke and fire damage to the house.
A built in draft system in the rear wall of the fireplace which enables the fire to burn more aggressively is being looked at as a possible cause of the fire.
No one was injured during the fire.