From the Yarmouth Poilce Department:
“Yarmouth Police Officer Vacancy”
Come join our YPD Team!
NOTICE OF APPLICATION FOR POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER
THE YARMOUTH POLICE DEPARTMENT
ONE BRAD ERICKSON WAY
WEST YARMOUTH, MASSACHUSETTS 02673
APPLICATION DEADLINE: FRIDAY, July 10th , 2019 at 4PM
The Town of Yarmouth is seeking qualified applicants to be placed in an eligibility pool for the position of POLICE OFFICER, from which names may or may not be selected to fill vacancies.
To be appointed as a POLICE OFFICER by the Town of Yarmouth, candidates in the eligibility pool must meet the following minimum requirements:
1. At least 21 years of age (by June 30th, 2019)
2. United States Citizen.
3. Must have Full Time Massachusetts Police Academy Certificate or Massachusetts Police Training Committee equivalent with a minimum of two years of experience, or 60 College Credits, or are Currently Serving Active Duty U.S. Armed Forces, or Honorable Discharge from U.S. Military Service with a minimum of one year of Active Service
4. Required to obtain a Massachusetts driver’s license,
5. Required to obtain a Massachusetts Class A License to Carry Firearms,
6. Available for shift work (24-hour coverage),
7. Comply with all statutory requirements for appointment as a POLICE OFFICER:
A. No Felony Record (MGL41-96A),
B. Reside within 15 miles of the limits of the Town (MGL41-99A), (At the time of appointment)
C. Non-smoker for a period of 1 year prior to appointment (MGL41-101A),
D. Certified Applicants must successfully pass medical and physical fitness examinations promulgated under authority of MGL31-61A.
8. Comply with the Yarmouth Police Department Tattoo and Body Art Policy & Procedure
To establish the eligibility pool, the following procedures will be followed:
1. Applicants must submit a notarized Candidate Information Form with supporting documentation, two I.D. photos, an Applicant Fingerprint Card, and 3 signed copies of a Release of Information.
2. Preliminary review of Candidate Information Form to determine:
(a) each candidate’s overall suitability for further consideration,
(b) which candidates will have background checks done right away, and (c) which candidates may be considered for background checks at a later time, if there becomes a need to add more candidates to the Eligibility Pool as would be determined by the Chief of Police.
3. Oral Interview then conducted by Department Oral Interview Board. This Board recommends candidates’ names to the Chief of Police.
4. Background Checks will then be conducted for those candidates not deemed unsuitable as a result of the Oral Interview, and per (b) and (c) in #3, above. Examples of disqualifiers and suitability determination criteria (discovered during any stage of the recruiting process) are as follows:
A. False statements or omissions in filling out the Candidate Information Form or other Documents requested by the Town,
B. Failure to meet minimum standards for appointment,
C. Dishonorable discharge from military service,
D. Unequivocally poor past employment record,
E. Unequivocally poor credit history,
D. History of excessive use of alcohol,
E. History of illegal drug usage,
F. History of excessive gambling,
I. Motor vehicle driving record,
J. Nature and frequency of criminal history.
Applications and instructions can be obtained at www.yarmouthpolice.com
BE PART OF SOMETHING SPECIAL
SERVE AND PROTECT YOUR COMMUNITY
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR AWARD WINNING POLICE DEPARTMENT!