Falmouth Firefighters Respond to Hazmat Incident in Waquoit

Accidental over-chlorination of indoor hot tub...

From Falmouth Fire/Rescue:

Earlier this morning, Engine 25 and Car 28 were dispatched to a hazardous materials call at a residence on Seapit Rd in Waquoit.

The homeowner accidentally over chlorinated an indoor hot tub, resulting in high levels of chlorine in the home.

The Incident Commander requested a Tier 1 haz mat response from the regional haz mat team. The event was mitigated in approx 1 hour with no injuries, and no threat to the public.

The crew from Engine 25 was able to successfully remove the family cat from the home unharmed.

The regional team was represented today by members of the Falmouth, Mashpee, Yarmouth, Dennis and Freetown Fire Departments, today under the supervision of Chief Pete Burke of the Hyannis Fire Department. Our thanks to them all for their (typical) skill and professionalism.


CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.