Statement from Sandwich Fire Department:
On October 8, 2019 at 0833 hrs the Sandwich Fire Department received a 911 call for an Eversource worker that was electrocuted at the Eversource switching yard located at 50 Tupper Road adjacent to the Canal Electric Plant. SFD Ambulance was on scene within 3 minutes and found a conscious and alert adult male Eversource employee who received close to 7500 volts of electricity through his body. A Med Flight helicopter was requested and it was on scene at the landing zone at the Wing School from Plymouth within 20 minutes.
The patient had entry and exit wounds from the electricity including burns to upper and lower extremities. The patient was medevac to Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston in Stable Condition remaining conscious and alert. The incident is currently under investigation by State and local authorities and Eversource representatives.
John J. Burke
Sandwich Fire Department