From the National Weather Service:
Tuesday PM Update:
A long duration coastal storm will bring wind, rain, and coastal flooding Wed through Fri. Hazardous conditions for mariners are expected with high seas and possible storm-force winds.
- Gusts as high as 40-60 mph possible, especially on Cape Cod and the Islands.
- Strongest winds Thursday into Friday morning
- Potential for scattered power outages
- Totals of 2-4 inches expected in RI and eastern MA, especially on Cape Cod and the Islands where locally higher totals are possible.
- Potential for urban and poor drainage flooding.
- Lower totals are expected farther north and west.
* Coastal Flooding:
- Although astronomical tides are low, persistent and strong NE winds may produce a storm surge of 2 ft over several high tide cycles Thu and Fri, resulting in minor to moderate coastal flooding along the eastern MA coast.
- Seas of 20-30 ft offshore should produce significant beach erosion.
- Prolonged period of NE Gale force (35-40 kt) winds Wed into Sat, with possible storm-force winds to 50 kt Thu into Fri.
- Seas 5 to 8 ft in bays and sounds, but 20-30 ft offshore. Seas subside Sat.
- Dangerous conditions for mariners.