Crunching the (real) numbers with Mitt
Whereas Romney might like to claim that he’s the Republican candidate with the economic experience need ed to be president, his evi dence tells a very different story.
In reality, Romney’s job creation record for our state was one of the worst one in our nation.
During Romney’s tenure as governor, Massa chu setts economic performance was one of the worst in the nation.
Here are some places to get the information on key labor market measures:
- Romney’s Job Record Provides Little To Boast About, Factcheck 1/11/08
- In Romney’s Four Years As Governor Massachusetts Ranked 47th Out Of 50 In Jobs Growth, Marketwatch 2/23/10
- No Matter How We Sliced The Data Massachusetts Was 47th Out of 50 States In Job Creation Under Romney; Politifact 6/22/11
- Under Romney The Wages Of The Average Work er In Massachusetts Fell By Nearly 2 Percent, Boston Globe, 7/29/07
- State Spending Under Romney Increased By 6.5 An nually, New York Times, 12/31/0