Hyannis crash triggers gas leak; Bourne fire

Car hits restaurant, triggers gas leak

HYANNIS – A car reportedly went out of control in an alley and bumped the Sunnyside Restaurant on Main Street in Hyannis just after 10 PM Wednesday. The impact pushed a stove away from the wall apparently causing an odor of natural gas which brought Hyannis fire and Keyspan gas to the scene. The restaurant was closed and no injuries were reported. The damage is not believed to be serious. Barnstable Police are investigating the crash.

Blaze damages Bourne house

BOURNE – Fire extensively damaged a house in Bourne Wednesday evening. Firefighters responded to 225 Main Street shortly after 8 PM after reports a sewer pump had overheated in the basement sparking the fire. Smoke was showing on arrival and firefighters were forced to stay out of the building. No injuries were reported. Onset firefighters helped out at the scene. The fire was knocked down in about 20 minutes.

CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.