Bourne Firefighters Respond to Dryer Fire Thursday Night

Fortunately someone was home...
Bourne Firefighters photo of dryer that caught on fire Thursday night

From Bourne Firefighters IAFF Local 1717...

At approx 9p.m last night BFD was notified of a possible structure fire that resulted from a dryer that had caught fire.

E121 and C143 out of Sagamore station arrived on scene to find occupant had self evacuated. This building was a multi unit apartment complex. A 1st Alarm assignment was issued due to the size and complexity of the building. This also brought additional manpower to the scene with T126, E123. Our stations were back filled with mutual aid.

Due to station 3 crew being in quarters they were able to respond , quickly deploy hose lines, find the fire and extinguish it with damage limited to the bathroom. Only effect on other units was some residual smoke. Dryer and stacked laundry were removed from the residence.

Our thanks to Plymouth Fire dept and surrounding towns for covering our stations.


CapeCodToday.com welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on CapeCodToday.com.