Gas main ruptured in Yarmouth
YARMOUTH - A gas main feeding a house was ruptured late this afternoon. Firefighters were called to standby 101 Phyllis Lane about 5:15 PM until Keyspan could arrive and cap the leak. Traffic was detoured around the scene.
Train sparks brush fires in Sandwich, Bourne
SANDWICH - Once again a train is responsible for sparking several brush fires along the tracks. Today's fires occurred in Sandwich and Bourne as the afternoon trash train headed to the SEMASS plant. One of the fires reportedly burned near a home and caught a utility pole on fire. Firefighters from several Cape towns and breakers from Onset, the Otis base and two state breakers assisted at the scene. This is a file photo of the same train during a similar incident in May in Barnstable. Posted on 7/24 at 5:30 PM; updated on 7.25 at 5:00 PM.
Kitchen fire damages Dennis apartment building
DENNIS - A fire that apparently started in a kitchen caused moderate damage to a Dennis apartment just after 1:30 PM.
The mother living in the apartment at 11 Edwards Avenue escaped with her nine month old child and no one was injured.
The Red Cross is reportedly assisting the occupants with temporary shelter.
Posted on 7/24 at 5:30 PM.
An independent news service covering the Cape & Islands.
No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without
the express consent of the editor.
CapeCodFD Cape Cod FD's Live Scanner Cape Cod Live WEBCAMS
Looking for an old story? Use our archive service Cape court reports (CCT)
Ptown fireworks forum Cape Cod's Weather forecast Tide Info Live radar