Hyannis man charged with 9th OUI
SANDWICH - A Hyannis man was arrested Early Monday morning after crashing a jeep on Harlow Road in Sandwich near the Holly Ridge Golf Club. Police allege 38-year old Richard Bureau was operating under the influence for the ninth time. He suffered only minor injuries and reportedly refused a breathalyser. Under Melanie's Law that means his license is suspended for life. Bureau pled not guilty in court. Posted on 8/29 at 6:30 AM.
Man reportedly shot in Falmouth
FALMOUTH - A Mashpee man showed up at the East Falmouth fire station with apparent gun shot wounds to his hand and thigh. He reportedly told investigators he walking in the woods off Central Avenue when he heard a loud noise then noticed he was bleeding. He was taken to Falmouth Hospital and later transferred to a Boston hospital for treatment. Falmouth Police continue to investigate. Posted on 8/29 at 6:30 AM.
Occupants escape serious injury in fiery crash
MASHPEE - No serious injuries were reported after a van crashed in Wheeler Road in Mashpee around 4:30 PM. Shortly after the occupants escaped the van burst into flames. At least two people were taken to a hospital for evaluation. Mashpee Police are investigating the crash. Posted on 8/28 at 3:30 PM.
Person injured falling out of vehicle
FALMOUTH - One person was taken to Falmouth Hospital after reportedly falling out of a vehicle on Davis Straits about 2:30 PM. No further details were immediately available on the incident which is under investigation by Falmouth Police. Posted on 8/28 at 3:30 PM.
Gas leak causes evacuations
YARMOUTH - A utility crew struck a gas main on Willow Street in South Yarmouth late Monday morning. As a result several homes were evacuated and traffic rerouted until Keyspan could arrive and cap the leak. No one was injured. Posted on 8/28 at 3;30 PM.
Hot tub fire damages deck
FALMOUTH - An apparent malfunction in a hot tub sparked a fire on the deck of a Falmouth Home Early Monday morning. The homeowner had extinguished the flames at the home in the Ballymeade development when firefighters arrived about 5:45 AM. The fire was confined to the deck and there was no damage to the house and no one was injured. Posted on 8/28 at 3:30 PM.
Tenants lucky to escape Wellfleet fire
No working smoke or CO alarms in residence
WELLFLEET - Four people are lucky to have survived a fire in Wellfleet. The fire on Starrett Lane was reported about 6 AM and had been extinguished when firefighters arrived. Firefighters had to clear heavy smoke from the residence. The four occupants were treated for smoke inhalation and one woman was taken to Cape Cod Hospital for further treatment. Wellfleet Fire Chief Daniel Silverman tells Cape Wide News it appears combustible materials placed on top of a gas heater apparently ignited. The residents apparently thought the heater was not on but a thermostat may have activated because of the cool weather. The chief adds the four are lucky to have awoken given there were no smoke or carbon monoxide alarms present as required by law, something officials will be investigating with the landlord. Reposted on 8/28 at 3:30 PM.
An independent news service covering the Cape & Islands.
No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form without the express consent of the editor.
CapeCodFD Cape Cod FD's Live Scanner Cape Cod Live WEBCAMS
Looking for an old story? Use our archive service Cape court reports (CCT)
Ptown fireworks forum Cape Cod Today forecast Tide Info Live radar