Ryan repeatedly voted against veterans' benefits and programs
As a 100% disabled Vietnam Marine Corps combat veteran I will not vote for the Romney/Ryan ticket. Ryan wants to do away with VA medical care for disabled veterans and replace it with vouchers. This is a ploy to fatten the already blotted insurance companied profits.
- Voted against protecting veterans' benefits from the Cut, Cap, and Balance Cuts, July 2011 [St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 7/25/11]
- Supported budget that cut veterans programs, 2005 [“Summary and Analysis of FY 2006 Budget Resolution Conference Report,” 4/28/05]
- Opposed fiscally responsible FY 2009 budget with $48.1 billion for veterans' services. In 2008, Ryan voted against a budget resolution that would establish the Congressional budget for FY 2009. [Congressional Quarterly; “Summary of the 2009 Democratic Budget”; House Committee on the Budget, 3/11/08]
- Opposed budget that included record increase for veterans. In 2007, Ryan voted against the fiscal year 2008 budget conference report that began to reverse six years of Republican fiscal mismanagement, provided for middle-class tax relief and would return the budget to balance [Six for ‘06, 5/24/07; Military Officers Association of America; American Legion; Veterans of Foreign Wars, Washington Weekly, 5/25/07]
- Ryan opposed historic funding increase for veterans programs. In 2007, Ryan voted against a budget that provided a $6.6 billion increase in funding for veterans programs. The Veterans of Foreign Wars applauded the budget and the House and Senate leadership who were instrumental in the adoption of this historic increase. These additional resources would cover increases in the costs of health care.