Two Suspects Arrested, One At Large for Wareham Armed Robberies

March robberies of Pepin's Liquors and Wareham Country Market
Krystopher Lopes-Rattigan, age 30, of no certain address was held without bail pending a further court appearance. (WPD booking photo)

From the Wareham Police Department...

Two individuals have been placed under arrest by Wareham Police detectives for two armed robberies which occurred recently in Wareham.

On Monday, March 4, at about 9:30 p.m. Pepin’s Liquors was held up by a masked gunman, with another person acting as a lookout, and yet another driving the getaway car. After an intensive investigation by members of the Detective Division, assisted by Bourne detectives, Krystopher Lopes-Rattigan, 30, of no certain address, is believed to be the suspect who actually committed the robbery and Eric Wroten, 38, of 296 Court Street, Plymouth, was the operator of the car that the suspects fled in. The third suspect, who acted as the lookout, overdosed the next day in another community and later died as a result of that overdose.

The second armed robbery occurred on Friday, March 15, at about 9:45 the Wareham Country Market. In this incident detectives compiled a substantial amount of evidence tying both Lopes-Rattigan and Wroten to that robbery and a third suspect that has yet to be identified.

After the investigation and subsequent identification of the suspects, detectives obtained arrest warrants for the two and began a search to locate them. On Tuesday, March 26, a Wareham Police detective assisted by Plymouth Police arrested Wroten at his residence in Plymouth. On Friday, April 5, at 4:45 a.m., a Wareham Police detective along with members of the State and Boston Police arrested Lopes- Rattigan in an apartment at 977 Canterbury Street in Boston.

Eric Wroten is being charged with two counts of armed robbery with a firearm and two counts of armed robbery while being masked. He is being held on $10,000 cash bail at the Plymouth House of Correction.

Krystopher Lopes-Rattigan is charged with two counts of armed robbery with a firearm and two counts of armed robbery while masked (subsequent offense). He was ordered held without bail pending a further court appearance.

Acting Police Chief John Walcek said, “The dogged efforts of the detectives resulted in arrests being made in these serious crimes. While one suspect remains outstanding, I am confident that he will be brought to justice.” welcomes thoughtful comments and the varied opinions of our readers. We are in no way obligated to post or allow comments that our moderators deem inappropriate. We reserve the right to delete comments we perceive as profane, vulgar, threatening, offensive, racially-biased, homophobic, slanderous, hateful or just plain rude. Commenters may not attack or insult other commenters, readers or writers. Commenters who persist in posting inappropriate comments will be banned from commenting on